The aquarium sponge filter is a simple filter that keeps your aquarium clean. The filter provides mechanical and biological filtration for easy aquarium maintenance. As a mechanical filtration, it uses the air driven system to create suction, that allows the sponge to capture floating particles in the water and return filtered water to the tank. As a biological filtration, harmful wastes are biologically transforrmed into a relatively harmless substance by aerobic bacteria that accumulates in the sponge.
Features and Benefits
- Supplying with water with much needed oxygen
- It reduces noise from the air pump and consumes less power due to low wattage.
- Fits into external or top filter as pre-filteration unit
- Easy maintenance is made by nodular design of foam cartridge system.
- Various types of installation are possible.