The Pearl White Medaka Ricefish is a white variety of the Japanese Medaka, or Japanese rice fish, which is one of the hardiest fish you can own!
The Pearl White Medaka Ricefish (Oryzias latipes “Pearl Galaxy”), is a particular standout in the planted aquarium. This subtropical fish can freely inhabit freshwater and fully marine water.
The Medaka fish typically occupies the middle and top level of the fish tank. It is safe with other peaceful, small fish. Due to its small size, it can be kept with dwarf shrimp as long as there is plenty of plants and cover, with the shrimp already established in the tank. Larger, peaceful invertebrates can also make good tankmates.
The Pearl Galaxy Medaka Ricefish must be kept in schools of 6 or more to see its natural behaviour as it pays little attention to other species. As long as it has plenty of cover, this fish is an extremely outgoing species. It is very easy to breed in the aquarium. It has the ability to jump, so a secure aquarium lid is necessary.
What is great about this fish
- Beautiful pearly white coloration and very small size
- Peaceful disposition with fish and peaceful invertebrates
- Very active and noticeable fish in any aquarium
- Ideal for nano and planted aquariums
- Extremely hardy
Medaka Fish Info
- Ideal Tank Temperature 8° – 24° C, although it is reported to tolerate temporarily 6.7° – 40° C
- Ideal tank pH: 7.0 – 8.0
- Average Adult Size: 4 cm
- Average Purchase Size: 1.3 – 2.5 cm
Image and Information from https://aquaticarts.com/products/pearl-medaka-ricefish